No announcement yet.

AAPL - Apple Computer stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got the expected morning sell off today, August 21, 2015, but not much of a rally in the afternoon and instead ended on the lowest lows of the day, with DOW down -530. We are now in correction territory.

I did extremely well today because I have been about 3/4 cash in my trading account for a couple of weeks now, and I was in all short positions today cleaning up a gang of loot.

However, we do need a rally because even those blue chips in my account such as BAC were taking a small hit today, which was dragging me down a little against the big profits I was making by shorting tech stocks such as TSLA, GOOGL and especially AMZN today.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

DOW plummeted to about -1173 before recovering (somewhat) to close down -588 There were some real buying opportunities and crazy swings today in the market. All I did today was short NFLX, AAPL and AMZN at different times and really CLEANED UP, but TIMING was everything - a short at the wrong time was not necessarily a winner.

The markets will settle eventually, but in the meantime, people are "buying with trepidation."

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL hit hard for just barely missing earnings estimates - down nearly -9 in the after market. Should be a buy at these levels, that kind of drop was an overreaction.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Back into AAPL @ 97. Barely holding at 97 and change let's see what happens.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
            That cycle down to 17K is now complete, and we should be rising again, back up towards 18K.

I was righteo! there but this run of the DOW back to 18K hasn't really helped most of my stocks, which are tech, although my long term hold BAC is doing better.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AAPL back over 100 again finally after a good earnings report.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

AMZN roared (not a full lion roar, but still) post earnings.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                X