Amazon tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon tracking

Besides all the techniques used to track your EBAY and PP accounts, Amazon also uses some additional very sophisticated tracking. Nothing we cannot overcome, but don't feel safe just because you use the same methods of non-detection you are used to with EBAY and PayPal. There is more to the story.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Do tell Do tell..

Currently I run 3 separate Amazon accounts selling very similar items on each. All 3 accounts have been up and running no problem since Nov. So far the same techniques for EBAY seem to be working for Amazon.

The only thing that has bothered me lately is it seems Amazon has stopped dropping flash cookies when I login. I still follow the other same procedures; change IP, clear cookies and double check for flash cookies on each login.

Comment

As far as flash cookies, these sites (including EBAY and PayPal), sometimes install the flash cookies, and sometimes do not.

It would be best if I not post the Amazon methods here in public, wouldn't you say?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I had a weird thing happen to me the other day. I looked in one of my checking accounts...and BOOM, Amazon deposited 400+ dollars in my account. Now this wouldn't be so weird if I had been using Amazon. However, I have not sold on their site in years(though they did owe me money)! And to add to the plot, I had an entirely different account number at the time I was selling there. Made me really think about their tracking methods, because the bank and routing number were the same. Any insight Modee??

Comment

Wait, slow down. You're saying that Amazon deposited money into an account for which you NEVER gave them the account #? I wasn't clear on that point.

Or do you mean...you have a new Amazon account and for this one you gave them the current checking account # and ABA routing, and then you had an old Amazon, which owed you money, and on that one you had a different checking account #?

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Correct. They deposited money in an account for which I NEVER gave an account number for. As far as that account(AMAZON) was concerned, they only had my name, bank name,routing number and a closed bank account number(I have other checking accounts with this bank). This made me wonder about their tracking proceedures, unless of course my bank made the connection upon deposit???

Comment

If Amazon never had the account number, then your bank made the connection, although usually in such cases the ACH would be rejected.

It would be easy enough to find out. Just call your bank's ACH center and ask them to pull the records of that ACH, find out exactly what numbers were on the ACH, and then you will know. Please keep us posted, this is interesting.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hi everybody

i was suspended from amazon 3 times with different people name and address (when i was a newbie and dint know anything...) then i got a VPS and new address and credit card and the account was working fine for more than 6 months then i got suspended again( i think i answered one of the emails from one of the customer from my suspended ip address info) ,what do you think modee ,could it be the reason that i was suspended or this has nothing to do with it?

and i wanna start selling on amazon again will the gift card work for the amazon so i can link my amazon account to a gift card??

Comment

yes you can use a gift card. you also must change your ip, clear regular and flash cookies, use a new name and address, and bank account. you also can't start selling the same exact items right away.

Comment

Amazon does use a few different techniques to track you above and beyond those of EBAY and Paypal.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

they do...but i have success getting back on after suspensions. it's not too different from ebay. the difference mostly has to do with what you start off listing on day one.

Comment

amazon help needed

Can someone please help me? I started selling on Amazon and started doing very well. I sold around 1k worth of inventory until my account was suspended for 30 days which has now turned into an indefinite suspesion and my 1k is held for 90 days. So I opened another account and sold a couple of items before that account was suspended and funds are being held.

My questions are: how did they link the accounts because I used different names,cc, and thought that I cleared all cookies?

How can I get this suspension removed?

Did they link my to accounts to the same bank account number?

Can I put any name with my correct bank account number?

Thanks

Comment

You need tech support for both learning how to avoid linkage with AMZN accounts AND on reinstatement. Send me a PM please.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                          X