Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Choose a Domain Name

How do you choose domain names?

Would it be better if they were all specifi keywords and not anything unique?
    ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
    Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
    You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
    Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
    PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Obviously, first of all, a name that is not already taken. This sounds self-evident but a lot of people go out and buy a domain name because they think it suits their business so well. For example sex.com was sold for $14M and the now bankrupt owners are being forced to sell it again
    TechRadar | the technology experts

So, first of all, just find something that is currently available. Use any whois type search to test domain name availability. It seemed like ten years ago all the good names and permutations were taken, but in recent years people have become fed up with paying for domains they are not using, and a lot of good ones have become available.

If you MUST have a certain name, consider placing a back order on it with someone like GoDaddy. I did that and snapped it up the moment it became available, ALTHOUGH there was a period of confusion where it looked like GoDaddy had not acted quickly enough and someone else had gotten it.

Anyway, back to picking a name. I think the name should have something to do with what you are doing, but this is not demonstrative. Consider Ebay, Yahoo, Amazon - what do their names have to do with what they are doing? So I think the PRIMARY consideration is relatively short, and easy to spell.

You don't want people constantly misspelling your name and ending up on someone else's webpage - which, incidentally, is not a bad way to snap up business from your competition! :-) or create advertising (adwords like) pages to direct people to other pages once they land on your page.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

I think a domain name is less important than content. Although yes Amazon means something, EBay stands for something, what does yahoo mean? My point being that all of these sites would probably still be exactly where they are (up or down) even if they had had completely different names.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
      X