Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John14789
    replied
    Well your computer has a MAC address which ebay/paypal do not use to track you. But they use your modem's ip address to track you. Worry only about your modem's ip address and make sure it's different for each account when you login.

Leave a comment:

• grainbrane
    replied
    I'm confused, what is the difference between my computer ip address and the modem ip address? Do I need to worry about my computer ip address?

Leave a comment:

• RedKanpei
    replied
    Originally posted by John14789 View Post
    So if you were using some other kind of connection then you jump to a totally different type of connection wouldn't ebay/paypal get suspicious?
    The thing about EBay and ips is a lot of myth. EBay doesn't care if your ip constantly changes, provided it matches your location. And they can spot proxies(though not most VPNs).

That's where people usually hit a snag. Either they use a public proxy, or they use their direct internet connection that's very far from where they are supossed to be(IE address is in FL, ip is in Oregon and ALWAYS in Oregon). That will get you flagged sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Why would they? Read the Short List.

Leave a comment:

• John14789
    replied
    So if you were using some other kind of connection then you jump to a totally different type of connection wouldn't ebay/paypal get suspicious?

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Originally posted by Modee View Post
    In general I don't like to use a cell phone for logging into my accounts. First of all, these little things, even iPhones, just don't provide a big enough screen to carefully keep track of what you are doing. You are bound to make mistakes in the process.

Another issue is that if your log of IP addresses used is back at home on your desktop, you won't be able to update it instantly every time you log in on a cell phone. So now you have two different logs going, and unless you are very meticulous to update one master list, you may make mistakes.

And yes, IP addresses do recur - just the other week finally an IP address I was using for one of my other Ebay accounts recurred when I restarted my modem, and I had to wait until a new one was issued or else the two Ebays would have become linked.

Now, if you are using your cell phone to get your IP address and connecting that to your laptop or desktop (tethering), that is one thing, but again, unless you really know what you are doing, the smallest screen I would tackle Ebay and PayPal on, is a laptop.
    Look up. Related answer already posted.

Similarly, using mobile broadband cards is fine as long as you use them on laptops AND keep track of your IP address.

Leave a comment:

• John14789
    replied
    Can you use Mobile Broadband cards for laptops to use for ebay/paypal?

The cards you get wireless interent with.

Leave a comment:

• John14789
    replied
    Originally posted by tanyae View Post
    Hello....new here but I do have a question.

I have moved to a new address, I am using the same computer and the same internet provider. Will I have the same ISP or would it be different now. I use a cable modem.

Thanks.
    Well you'd need Modee's Short List, which is provided in his tech support, which lists step by step how to make a untraceable ebay/paypal account.

But you should be using a different internet service provider.

You should be using dial up from either AOL or People PC.

That way you get a new ip address on every log in.

If your using windows then you should use a different windows user for each paypal/ebay account.

You can use the same computer.

Your name, number, address, date of birth, and email address all have to be different.

That's why I am saying Modee's tech support will explain all of this in detail.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Yes
    replied
    The threads above discuss this in detail. You sound like a perfect candidate for tech support. Contact Modee.

Leave a comment:

• tanyae
    replied
    ISP help

Hello....new here but I do have a question.

I have moved to a new address, I am using the same computer and the same internet provider. Will I have the same ISP or would it be different now. I use a cable modem.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Yes
    replied
    I would never login from the cell phone directly. I've used my blackberry as a modem for my laptop, and on top of that I have a dedicated connection card, which is a cellular modem, basically. I've used it for years without any issues. And all it takes to reset the ip is to disconnect and reconnect from the network.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    In general I don't like to use a cell phone for logging into my accounts. First of all, these little things, even iPhones, just don't provide a big enough screen to carefully keep track of what you are doing. You are bound to make mistakes in the process.

Another issue is that if your log of IP addresses used is back at home on your desktop, you won't be able to update it instantly every time you log in on a cell phone. So now you have two different logs going, and unless you are very meticulous to update one master list, you may make mistakes.

And yes, IP addresses do recur - just the other week finally an IP address I was using for one of my other Ebay accounts recurred when I restarted my modem, and I had to wait until a new one was issued or else the two Ebays would have become linked.

Now, if you are using your cell phone to get your IP address and connecting that to your laptop or desktop (tethering), that is one thing, but again, unless you really know what you are doing, the smallest screen I would tackle Ebay and PayPal on, is a laptop.

Leave a comment:

• Dr.Yes
    replied
    Originally posted by kellydch View Post
    I meant but didn't say using a mobile broadband card (in the netbook) to connect to the internet instead of your cable modem.

Wouldn't this give you a new IP address?
    Using a cellular connection, when you disconnect and reconnect there is a 99% chance you will have a new IP.

Keeping a log is a must! With a dynamic IP, and due to the law of large numbers, you are destined to repeat an ip eventually, but the odds of this happening are very high.

With a cellular connection, sometimes you need to be careful of the ip location. ebay doesn't geo locate unless you're doing something bad, but it's still something to think about.

Set IP Burger - What is my IP Address? Find Your IP Address! to your home address, and you can see your ip every time you open your web browser.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    If the log you keep (which is something you must do) shows that your new IP address is different from one ever used before, then you will know that you have a new IP address.

Leave a comment:

• kellydch
    replied
    Using mobile Broadband

I meant but didn't say using a mobile broadband card (in the netbook) to connect to the internet instead of your cable modem.

Wouldn't this give you a new IP address?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X