Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modee
    replied
    I had this one EBAY account going. One day I logged into it at an IP address that something like a YEAR ago, maybe eight months I had been using regularly on my old old account long suspended. And, since this was on a computer where the cookies were never cleaned and no one else EVER had logged onto EBAY on it...yes, toss that into the mix too.

Four days later...wham! suspended.

So, OH YEAH just logging into the wrong IP once can kill ya'.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    I don't think a second cable modem on the same account necessarily results in a different IP address. Try it and let us know. Of course you have to let the cable company know and get the modem authorized.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Sometimes much more than the last few digits change. But even a one digit change will suffice for EBAY purposes.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    The only way you could reset that IP address is if you could get to whatever modem is supplying it, and turn it off overnight and of course you SHOULD never have the ability to do that. Think about it.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    I think there is no way to permanently change your MAC address, no? Just to "spoof" it i.e. change it until the computer is restarted?

As far as getting an IP address in another town, that is proxy territory
    Proxies, TOR, VPN, Hide your IP - All bad for EBAY and PayPal - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    I use Macintosh, but I found that setting it manually does work if you want to try that. You must know the proper entries for IP, subnet mask, router address, DNS servers, etc. - everything.

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    replied
    Dial Up - apparently dial up gets a new IP address every time it connects but I would verify with something like
    Not Found

Leave a comment:

• Modee
    started a topic Changing your IP address

Changing your IP address

The basics:
    with cable modem, turn your modem off overnight, and you should get a new IP address. Some software may enable you to do this without turning the modem off.

If the new IP address does not show up overnight, wait a few days and try again. You will get a new IP address.

If you have a ROUTER (such as Airport) in the mix, the router may require some software tinkering to get it to release the old IP address and accept the new one from the modem, or you may need to disconnect the router for a while and connect the modem directly for a while, while waiting for the router to release its IP address.

Unfortunately, depending on your ISP, getting your modem or router to release its old IP address and give you a new one may involve simply turning the device on and off, OR leaving it off and disconnected for as long as several days.
Working...
X