Changing your IP address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tanyae View Post
    Hello....new here but I do have a question.

I have moved to a new address, I am using the same computer and the same internet provider. Will I have the same ISP or would it be different now. I use a cable modem.

Thanks.
    Well you'd need Modee's Short List, which is provided in his tech support, which lists step by step how to make a untraceable ebay/paypal account.

But you should be using a different internet service provider.

You should be using dial up from either AOL or People PC.

That way you get a new ip address on every log in.

If your using windows then you should use a different windows user for each paypal/ebay account.

You can use the same computer.

Your name, number, address, date of birth, and email address all have to be different.

That's why I am saying Modee's tech support will explain all of this in detail.
    ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
    Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
    You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
    Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
    PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

Can you use Mobile Broadband cards for laptops to use for ebay/paypal?

The cards you get wireless interent with.

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
        In general I don't like to use a cell phone for logging into my accounts. First of all, these little things, even iPhones, just don't provide a big enough screen to carefully keep track of what you are doing. You are bound to make mistakes in the process.

Another issue is that if your log of IP addresses used is back at home on your desktop, you won't be able to update it instantly every time you log in on a cell phone. So now you have two different logs going, and unless you are very meticulous to update one master list, you may make mistakes.

And yes, IP addresses do recur - just the other week finally an IP address I was using for one of my other Ebay accounts recurred when I restarted my modem, and I had to wait until a new one was issued or else the two Ebays would have become linked.

Now, if you are using your cell phone to get your IP address and connecting that to your laptop or desktop (tethering), that is one thing, but again, unless you really know what you are doing, the smallest screen I would tackle Ebay and PayPal on, is a laptop.
        Look up. Related answer already posted.

Similarly, using mobile broadband cards is fine as long as you use them on laptops AND keep track of your IP address.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

So if you were using some other kind of connection then you jump to a totally different type of connection wouldn't ebay/paypal get suspicious?

Comment

Why would they? Read the Short List.
            Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
            Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by John14789 View Post
              So if you were using some other kind of connection then you jump to a totally different type of connection wouldn't ebay/paypal get suspicious?
              The thing about EBay and ips is a lot of myth. EBay doesn't care if your ip constantly changes, provided it matches your location. And they can spot proxies(though not most VPNs).

That's where people usually hit a snag. Either they use a public proxy, or they use their direct internet connection that's very far from where they are supossed to be(IE address is in FL, ip is in Oregon and ALWAYS in Oregon). That will get you flagged sooner or later.

Comment

I'm confused, what is the difference between my computer ip address and the modem ip address? Do I need to worry about my computer ip address?

Comment

Well your computer has a MAC address which ebay/paypal do not use to track you. But they use your modem's ip address to track you. Worry only about your modem's ip address and make sure it's different for each account when you login.

Comment

A question: why wouldn't simply renewing your ip from the dos prompt work?

Comment

It Does, I use several accounts at all times. But I only have one computer, when I need to switch accounts I change my IP by going to the command prompt and typing "ipconfig /release" then wait 30 secs, before typing "ipconfig /renew" It will change your ip address. Make sure that it worked though by checking on a site like whatsmyip.com or something similar or typing just plain ipconfig on the cmd prompt.

I have been using several account for past 7 months or more, and have never been linked to any other account ever. (However when switching between multiple accounts there are things you have to do aswell, this just touches on the ip.)
                      Last edited by chaptap566; 06-12-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

By doing what your doing continually. You run the risk of your ISP banning you from accessing the internet.

Comment

I thought having different users was sufficient what is the need for changing IP everytime

Comment

You need to have different ip addresses if your going to have multiple ebay/paypal accounts. If you use the same ip address to login into multiple ebay/paypal accounts you'll get suspended/limited.

Comment

So how is that possible without the possible problems mentioned in your previous post in regards to ISP? Could eBay be able to tell whether it's a public network or home network?

Comment

It has to be a home network with new ip addresses for each ebay/paypal accounts. Don't use proxys.

Comment

Working...
                                X