No announcement yet.

Changing your IP address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I do that, at the moment I'm using a router with my modem and all my devices have kind of separate ip addresses but the main one is the same. Any article that can explain in depth of what your talking about? Thanks

Comment

Ebay and Paypal look at your WAN ip address not your LAN ip. What you need to do is go to a website like whatsmyip.com or ipchicken.com and the ip address you see there is the same ip address paypal and ebay see. So whenever you change your ip to go into a different account look at those websites each time to make sure it changed and its not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by chaptap566 View Post
        Ebay and Paypal look at your WAN ip address not your LAN ip. What you need to do is go to a website like whatsmyip.com or ipchicken.com and the ip address you see there is the same ip address paypal and ebay see. So whenever you change your ip to go into a different account look at those websites each time to make sure it changed and its not the same.
        So I would need to continually keep changing my ip address everytime I log into a different account? But John mentioned a banning from your ISP provider also eBay would get suspicious as even on the same account you would have a different ip address due to changing the ip because of the other eBay account.

Comment

Yes, you need to change your ip address when logging into each different ebay account. Otherwise you'll be linked and suspended. This can very easily be done by getting AOL dial up. Sure it's slow but it gets the job done without having to go through the hassles of changing your ip address on a modem.
          ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
          Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
          You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
          Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
          PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

Just a bit surprising as I had two accounts before one of them got banned and was using in tandem all thetime and never had any problems, Don't want to get dialup because I use the net a lot. Depending on price do you think it's possible for me to get dialup aswell as broadband? Do any of you have more than one Internet provider at any one address?

Comment

Originally posted by chaptap566 View Post
              It Does, I use several accounts at all times. But I only have one computer, when I need to switch accounts I change my IP by going to the command prompt and typing "ipconfig /release" then wait 30 secs, before typing "ipconfig /renew" It will change your ip address. Make sure that it worked though by checking on a site like whatsmyip.com or something similar or typing just plain ipconfig on the cmd prompt.

I have been using several account for past 7 months or more, and have never been linked to any other account ever. (However when switching between multiple accounts there are things you have to do aswell, this just touches on the ip.)

good tip.
              What are the other things that you do , other than delete cookies & switch PC user accounts

Also I see you use several accounts. I had 4 legit ebay accounts before I was suspended, and it was a pain going back and forth between them all to answer questions and such, isn't this an even more royal pain with the whole shooting match of not cross contaminating your accounts, or does it just sound that way?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, it does take some effort not to cross contaminate accounts. You deffinatley need to be on the ball. I used colored cards I would tape to the top of my monitor with the username I was using for one particular account, and when I changed account I would change color cards to help keep track.

If you need some other advice about what to do when handling multiple account, you should seek Modee's Tech support. He is The Master.

Comment

Probably, everyone has heard a few times about VPN, or virtual private network, VPN network, VPN virtual network … So what is VPN? What is the VPN for? Let Hotreview4U learn about VPN through this IPburger review.

Comment

Working...
                  X