This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting approved for merchant account only (no PayPal) status at EBAY

This is the way it works for your average merchant account - this is the usual, somewhat harder way (see the end of this post for the EASY way) - this is what happens when go in to make your first listing. In the section "Decide how you'd like to be paid" you may need to click "Add or remove payment options" until you see the option "Credit cards." Go ahead and check that box.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Add or remove payment options.jpg Views:	1 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	69557

A box will open up on the main listing page that gives you the option for "Merchant credit cards" - go ahead and click that plus the boxes underneath for Visa, M/C and AMEX. Leave empty the box that requests the PayPal email address.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Merchant account only payment.jpg Views:	1 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	69558

Eventually you will click to submit the auction listing.

AT THAT MOMENT (or maybe even before, such as when you move to the next page) Ebay will either let you go through and list (this is what happens with MOST not all pre 11/2007 accounts that were created properly), or they will NOT allow you to list and request FAXed information verifying your merchant account.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	EBAY request for merchant account info.jpg Views:	1 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	69559

There is no "nine listings" or less type deal on accounts. Either they will let you list without PayPal, or they will not.

The longer you delay FAXing in this requested information, the less chance you have of being approved. So to maximize your chances, you must have your game plan and documents ready to go BEFORE you try to list. I have done this many times, including for others, so I know which merchant accounts will get approved, and ways to get approved using certain merchant accounts, and then turn around and use another one for EBAY. There is a definite right and wrong way to do all this, and to get into that level of detailed help, send me a private message. Thanks.

I provide a tech support on getting a merchant account and getting it approved by EBAY. It CAN be a lot of work, but once you get approved you will be SO happy to no longer have the extra eyes of PayPal (wholly owned subsidiary of Ebay) watching over you.

And lately, I have perfected techniques to get you approved for a merchant account on Ebay - without any verification process WHATsoever! This is the EASY way:
    http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...-ebay-checkout
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

what is the cheapest merchant account that you have seen that you think ebay will approve? i am looking for the lowest monthly fee and set up fee as i don't plan to use much.

Comment

Will this be for a merchant account only account, or will you still be offering Paypal as an option? If you don't plan on using it much, then pay for the setup fees? Please better explain what you intentions are, for there are several different options.

Comment

no paypal...just a merchant account. cheap to set up and maintain...something i can fax to ebay and they will approve. i mostly want to get merchant only approval from ebay then use cartmanager for paypal and google checkoout.

Comment

It is very tricky to get merchant accounts approved without offering PayPal. I suggest you PM Modee for the best answer to your question. Some of the merchant account providers have requirements, such as existing website, good credit, and deposit.

Comment

nochex

I am in the UK and want to start accepting nochex as way of payment, however in the uk we have to offer paypal as a method of payment.
            How do i add nochex as an option to my listings? Does it have to be approved first?
            Last edited by paypalpains; 11-24-2009, 06:31 AM.

Comment

In Australia, you may add other options as long as you offer PayPal as well.

In the United Kingdom, to sell on EBAY, for a while now the rule has been you must offer PayPal and only PayPal, however I believe that is changing and now in the UK it is same as U.S. - you can get approved for merchant account ONLY status.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

What are the best Merchant Accounts to use with a Merchant Account only eBay account

What are the best Merchant Accounts to use with a Merchant Account only eBay account

Comment

You need tech support to answer that question - my tech support on getting a merchant account and getting it approved by Ebay. Not an easy matter, and not for the faint of heart!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have developed a new method whereby most anyone may sell on Ebay without PayPal - and sell on Ebay with your own merchant account, or even with Google Checkout, without even getting approved for a merchant account on Ebay in the first place!

This method works even for brand new Ebay accounts!

Contact me for merchant account tech support.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Latest credit card listing on Ebay

Lately when you try to list using the above "credit card only" method, you might see this message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ebay_AttentionSellers_merchant account.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	69560

but this amounts to the same thing as noted at the beginning of this thread - because when you try to list it, you'll see this subsequent message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CannotList_UntilMerchantApproved.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	69561

which in any case means - that unless you have a much older Ebay account where you may sell using merchant account only status without approval, you will need to go through some process to get a merchant account, and have it approved by Ebay. To learn how to do this - contact me for tech support. Once you get that PayPal pacifier out of your mouth, you'll never go back to that kid stuff.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Integrating your merchant account with Ebay checkout

I have developed another method to get your merchant account approved with EBay, without having to FAX in any paperwork to Ebay:
                        This thread explains the process of getting a merchant account plus gateway and integrating it with Ebay:
                        http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...-ebay-checkout

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Modee would it be possible to use this in the UK?

Comment

http://www.modeeworld.com/forums/for...ay-be-changing

Modee Tech Support

Comment

There are MANY reasons to sell on Ebay with a merchant account rather than PayPal, but one of the biggest reasons is that, when you sell with PayPal, nosy PayPal looks over ALL of your sales – reviewing your Ebay listings and sharing information with Ebay and obtaining information FROM Ebay such that they know EXACTLY what you are selling. Sell something PayPal does not like (such as VERO merchandise, or anything high risk), and you will go DOWN – fast.

But once approved, a merchant credit card processor does not even KNOW what you are selling – it is all numbers to them, and as long as you keep your clients happy such that you receive no complaints, you will be able to sell with your merchant account with impunity, no matter WHAT you sell. There are techniques I can teach you to get approved with a merchant processor for a low risk item, and then turn around and SELL, WHATever you like. Contact me for details.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X