Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot buyers - Non paying buyers - Complaints - talk about your Bad Buyer experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just had a Ukrainian Ebay buyer claim non-receipt on a fifty dollar item, and PayPal ruled in her favor. On cheap items I ship 1st Class Mail with no delivery confirmation.

I did have online trackable proof that I shipped (the USPS Customs # is trackable for SHIPMENT but not delivery on 1st Class Mail IF you ship directly from the U.S. Post Office), but PayPal ruled against me anyway.

No doubt she will receive the item one of these days and who knows if she will pony up any money to me.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
      I just had a Ukrainian Ebay buyer claim non-receipt on a fifty dollar item, and PayPal ruled in her favor. On cheap items I ship 1st Class Mail with no delivery confirmation.

I did have online trackable proof that I shipped (the USPS Customs # is trackable for SHIPMENT but not delivery on 1st Class Mail IF you ship directly from the U.S. Post Office), but PayPal ruled against me anyway.

No doubt she will receive the item one of these days and who knows if she will pony up any money to me.
      Delivery confirmation is key.

There are things you can do to recover your cash.

Comment

Yes, but there is no online trackable, inexpensive delivery confirmation option for international sales.

If the item is valuable, sure - pays to pay for say Priority Mail or better. But for a fifty dollar item, no one is going to pay $25. SHP.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I decided to take matters into my own hands. Got the buyer suspended. Wasn't easy since I had to find a way for an overseas IP address local to her, but how sweet it is!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Cheapskate buyers

Reminds me of some of my EBAY customers
            YouTube - The Vendor Client relationship - in real world situations

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Whenever a buyer cancels a bid on my auctions, I take a look to see why. If it was just because the buyer got greedy cold feet and decided to retract a perfectly good bid for no reason...I block him for life! These types tend to be troublemakers and I want no part of them.

Today one wrote to me and asked why his bid was just blocked on a new auction of mine. I responded, "You bid on one of our auctions with what was a perfectly good bid – and then cancelled it for no valid reason we could see. When that happens, we block you from ever bidding again on our auctions. Sorry."
              I agree and do the same thing, I also block buyers who return items out of "Buyer's Remorse" and any that file a PP dispute and those that leave negative feedback.

I do not block buyers that return for legitimate reasons.
              Last edited by Sake-Pookie; 10-20-2009, 02:20 AM.

Comment

I am almost to the point of a new philosophy: when buyers ask questions (especially petty ones), I just block them right off the bat.

You know, questions like: "Why do I have to pay sales tax, is this something new?" or "Can you just ship everything together and not charge me so much shipping?" etc. etc.

These types are the ones that even if they give you a + feedback will tag your DSRs. Who needs them?

I had a local buyer demand three separate times that I remove the State Sales Tax and lower my shipping charges.

I explained to this buyer that I am a registered vendor and I am required by law to collect the State Sales Tax, and my S&H was already lowest it can be for the item ordered.

I then tried to cancel the transaction. The buyer declined the cancel and wrote back how sorry they were and that they really want the item.

I blocked the buyer from any future sales and wrote to ebay's Trust & Safety department to put them on a heads up that this buyer intends to return the item and leave negative feedback(Whatever good if any this does).

Sure enough, the buyer upon receipt emailed me instantly that the ring has scratches and is discolored, (its 14K solid gold) and they want their money, taxes, and shipping back.

I sent them my return policy and explained how the listing clearly states "Sold As Is" but that I would accept a return and refund them their purchase price and sales tax, but S&H is never refunded.

I have not heard anything since and I have not received the item back.

I have a 3 day return policy on items I do accept returns on, and then the buyer has 10 days from date of request to get the item to me, if it arrives later than 10 days, I refuse the package and it is returned to the buyer.

Comment

You'll never see it most likely, also she probably already had the item.

I have learned the hard way that a lot of International buyers will claim INR and file PP dispute if there is no delivery confirmation, which is why I ship even $3 item USPS Priority International where at least 99% of the time the customs form number is providing tracking information.

Comment

There's just a huge price difference between 1st Class and Priority mail on light weight international items, and most buyers are unwilling to pay it unless the item is well over $100.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I know, but I have been ripped off too many times and I only hope that International buyers will complain enough to ebay/paypal so that they will relax and extend the "Seller's Protection Policy" so that if the item shows accepted at the P.O., it should be considered sent and a INR dispute should be denied.

So I just don't have International customers buying my lower priced items. Believe me, I get a lot of request to lower S&H, I decline and explain why.

I know, I'm delusional!

Comment

Abusive buyer on ebay Please provide assistance and or help.

There is a member on ebay right now that is leaving negative feedback for nearly every single item they buy.

Please see from the link below...
                        eBay Feedback Profile for easybooksdirect

I am shocked and appalled at the sheer audacity of this member, and they are a seller as well!

Please, can anyone advise, suggest, or assist with the reporting and the removal of such a vile entity on ebay.

I have never seen such a blatant disregard for other sellers than what this member, easybooksdirect is doing.

I have never sought the removal or at the very least vindictive action against another member before, but this one has to be stopped.

Thank you.
                        Last edited by Sake-Pookie; 01-10-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

You may check up on all EBAYers here
                          Toolhaus.org
                          More details about how to use toolhaus are in the Short List.

Yes this EBAYer easybooksdirect has an incredible record - a sea of red feedback in both directions actually. I suppose if enough EBAYers wrote to Ebay and drew attention to him, they might take action.

On their "About Me" page they write also, "We use the paypal dispute process when any of these expectations are not met" which makes perfect sense! It is buyers like this that scream out for change in the Ebay feedback process.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Sake-Pookie View Post
                            There is a member on ebay right now that is leaving negative feedback for nearly every single item they buy.

Please see from the link below...
                            eBay Feedback Profile for easybooksdirect
                            Now after further investigation, this same member is somehow being given special consideration by ebay and is only being rated on three of the four DSRs.

They are not being graded on the S&H DSR!

This is outright discrimination and is not to be allowed to continue!

This terrible member not only leaves a negative feedback for nearly every single item purchased, which is in ebay's own words "INTENT TO DISRUPT", but they charge a high flat rate for media mail, shipping items such as e-books which only weigh an ounce if even that. So why is ebay allowing them special exclusion from the S&H DSR?

I questioned ebay CSRs about this disparity, and you know what their reply was, "Perhaps no one leaves them a DSR on S&H." B.S.

If a customer is going to leave DSRs they wouldn't stop at three out of the four ratings!

With further protest from me, the CSR then said that perhaps all the customers only left high ratings. Again total B.S.

It also doesn't matter if all the ratings were 5s, there would then be a string of five stars followed by the rating score.

Someone with connections really needs to look into this discrimination! There could be substantial litigation over such a practice and one thing for certain, if ebay is doing this for one, they are doing this for 100,000!

Comment

This Ebay member is not being given any special consideration as far as DSRs, but yes I do agree that he has somehow fallen through the cracks as far as being an all around bad member. I reported him to Ebay - as should we all. Other than that, of course you would want to add him to your list of banned bidders.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

How can you say they are not being given special treatment when the S&H DSR is not required for them?
                                All sellers should have to abide by the same rules regarding the DSRs. In fact, it is the S&H DSR that is keeping me out of the "Top Rated Seller" program. I want the same considerations so I can be a Top Rates Seller!

Comment

Working...
                                X