Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MC___ suspension / restriction CODES / NOTICES- what do the EBAY CODES/NOTICES MEAN?

In general, EBAY will let you know as little as possible about WHY you were suspended. Do not assume that because a specific offense was not mentioned, that you were not guilty of that offense.

Example: you are suspended for "abusing EBAY." So, you think, well I was not suspended for getting linked back to an old account of mine, so it must be something else. WRONG! "Abusing Ebay" is the catch all offense category that means - really - that why you were suspended is none of your business, and EBAY will not let you know what you did to get the boot.

Assume nothing.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Three strange messages from eBay..what do they mean?

Looks like someone might have spoofed my account. Anyone seen this before?

Message #1
    MC010 Support Warning - TKO (Selling) - Restored Account

Hello user,

Your account was accessed by an unauthorized third party to list items without your authorization. At this time we have taken several steps to secure your eBay account. Rest assured that your credit card and banking information is safe on the eBay site, as this information is kept encrypted on a secure server and cannot be viewed by anyone.

To regain control of your account, please complete the following steps:

1. Change the password on your personal email account to verify that it is secure and cannot be accessed by anyone other than you.

2. Change the password on your eBay account. Go to the eBay sign-in page, click the "Forgot your password" link, and change your password using the instructions provided.

3. Verify the contact information on your account is correct. Go to My eBay and click the "Personal Information" link under My Account.

To better understand how your account was compromised, please take a moment to review the Account Protection tutorial.

Account Protection

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Customer Support

H19601
    ------------------------------------------------->

Message #2
    MC012 eBay Listing Removed: (<TDE_TNS_CASE_ID>)

Dear user,

You recently listed the following :

270387483319 - Audi : A4

Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because the following information violates our policy:

You can review our listing removal policies and seller rules by clicking the links below.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust and Safety team

Why eBay may remove your listing:
    Why eBay May Remove Your Listing

Knowing the rules for sellers:
    Knowing the rules for sellers

H55424

Message #3
    MC027 Billing - Temporary Exclusion From Automatic Payment of Selling Fees

Dear user,

We have temporarily disabled the automatic payment of your invoices. We're sorry for the inconvenience, but we've taken this action to ensure that you're being charged only for amounts that you actually owe.

If you're not currently an active seller, then our action should have no effect upon your account and the following information is for your information only.

***Important***
    If you have listed items recently or plan to list items in the near future, please review the following information carefully. You may be required to take action in order to ensure that your account remains current.

For the next 7 days, eBay will not attempt to make automatic payment for the invoices of your selling fees. However, the due dates for all selling fees have not changed. If any valid fees are due within the next 30-60 days, a manual one-time payment will be required in order to keep your account current.

To make a one-time manual payment:
    1. Click the "Site Map" link at the top of the eBay home page.
    2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Make a Single Payment" link that appears under the "My Selling Account" heading.
    3. Follow the instructions provided.

If a payment is already in progress, it will go through as planned. If an automatic payment goes through in the next few days and you think the amount may be incorrect, please contact the Billing Team immediately by clicking the "Contact Us" link on the eBay home page.

If you have any questions about the amount due or need help making a manual payment, please click the "Contact Us" link that appears at the top of the eBay home page. Members of our Billing Team are available to help you 24 hours a day.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Inc.

H18677

Thanks,

Comment

Did you edit the emails before posting?

ebay will never address you as "user."

Comment

Correct, the tip off is that your EBAY registered name and email address is not included in the header or greeting.

Also, when you get a "listing removed" offense the reason will be posted immediately afterwards, plus the item number, such as:
        MC018 eBay Listing Removed: Accepted Payments (28875_____)

Unless you edited what you posted here, if that is exactly what they emailed you, all are spoofs.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I removed them for stealth purposes. They were addressed properly (username/email).

Comment

Okay - so then they are legitimate.

So, what is your question about them? You've edited so much out of them it is hard to analyze. For example I assume you edited out the section that discusses why the Audi auction was removed.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I didn't remove anything, but my name and extra blank lines. There wasn't an explanation why, that's what I thought was weird.

Comment

Check your ebay messages.

If legitimate, they will be in your inbox.

Comment

Well let's assume they are legitimate - I'm not sure what you are asking us to analyze. They don't really seem that odd to me if they are really from EBAY.

EBAY employees copy and paste responses all the time, without regard to whether the final email even makes sense.

For example on the PayPal account I use with one of my EBAYs, I have been complaining about a ruling made for the buyer on a "significantly not as described claim"
                  PayPal on EBAY versus PayPal on your own website - Buyer Protection Policy - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                  and then out of the blue I get a response to one of my emails telling me how I can remove the limitation on my PayPal. Hey! buddy! read what I'm sending you, all right. My account is NOT limited!

So while these messages must be based on some action (wasn't the Audi listing removed?), doesn't mean that they are spot on with their comments. It's just a boilerplate copy and paste message for the most part.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

MC081 FPA NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - anything I can do?

Hi all, anyone know the best way to go around a MC081 suspension or has anyone had experience of this suspension?

Thanks

Comment

It depends what you were doing to breech the user agreement. If anything illegal, it's better to just let it go. If you weren't, then you can appeal the suspension.

Comment

Yes, it does depend. You can contact me for tech support on this issue. Some people have a theory that the lower the number in the notice, the easier it is to reinstate. (Example: 081 versus say
                        MC116 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Site Interference
                        )

but personally, I discount this theory. For example
                        MC197 EBI NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension: NonPayment
                        is a "high" numbered suspension and yet all it has to do with is non-payment of fees. All you have to do is pay the fees and that's it, you're back on (providing there is no OTHER underlying trust and safety suspension).

Come to this thread
                        EBAY Suspensions - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                        please and let us know more about what your suspension is for. Thanks.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have accumulated quite a few, from past clients:

MC197 EBI NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension: NonPayment
                          (obviously, this one is for non-payment of fees)

MC116 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Site Interference
                          (this can mean a variety of things, but in at least one instance after pressing EBAY I determined for a client that it was for their
                          ***False Reporting Policy***
                          Buyers and sellers aren't allowed to abuse the reporting process.
                          Reports of policy violations to eBay need to be truthful and sent for
                          the purpose of bringing a known or suspected violation of eBay policy to
                          our attention. Learn more about the policy here:

False reports of policy violations

MC017 eBay Listing Violation: Paypal Payments ( 24294____)
                          This is for putting down on a listing (in the verbiage) that you do not accept PayPal, when you have entered a PP payment email address and therefore obviously DO accept PayPal.

MC018 eBay Listing Removed: Search and Browse Manipulation
                          I've seen this happen because of semi-nude, or erotic pictures on a listing. For example, putting a picture of a model in a bikini holding a motorola phone, in order to sell the phone.
                          Specifically: Any activity that eBay deems as inappropriately diverting members to a listing or harming the finding experience for buyers is not permitted.

For more information about the eBay policy, please visit:

Search manipulation policy

MC008 SNPD NOTICE: Restricted Account - _______
                          This was for a "breach of our Seller Non-Performance policy."
                          Our records show that you generate an unacceptably high level of buyer dissatisfaction in transactions in this account. Based upon inputs from the buyers who have transacted with you, this account falls into the bottom 1 percent of all eBay sellers with regard to buyer satisfaction.

Due to this breach, we are removing selling privileges on this account for a period of at least 30 days, and are ending any open listings. You will still be able to conclude outstanding transactions, resolve issues with your buyers and access emails in My Messages. However, you won't be able to list any items with this account.

MC174 UPI NOTICE: eBay Unpaid Item Suspension
                          You fail to pay for too many items (too many unpaid item strikes)
                          Please take a few moments to review our Unpaid Item policy:

eBay bulk listing tools | Seller Center

MC126 INV NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Misrepresentation of Identity
                          Your eBay account has been suspended because of a violation of the eBay Misrepresentation of Identity policy.

***About the eBay Misrepresentation of Identity Policy***
                          eBay members are not allowed to misrepresent themselves as other eBay users. This includes registering with the identity of another eBay member.

For more information about this policy, please go to:

Misrepresentation of identity policy

I have also seen this same suspension come in with no code at all:
                          INV NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension - Misrepresentation of Identity - User

MC027 EBI NOTICE: eBay Registration On Hold: Non Payment
                          Your account has been put on hold because the US $_______ balance on your eBay account hasn't been paid.

For your account to be considered for reinstatement, you need to pay the balance immediately. Please follow these steps:

1. Click "My eBay" at the top of most eBay pages. You may be asked to sign in.
                          2. Under the "My Account" heading on the left side of the page, click the "Seller Account" link.
                          3. Select a method to pay your eBay fees.

To learn more about payment methods, please go to:

eBay Customer Service

SNPD NOTICE: Restricted Account (This one sometimes has no code.)
                          We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been restricted from selling on eBay for breach of our Seller Non-Performance policy.

Our records show that you generate an unacceptably high level of buyer dissatisfaction in transactions in this account. Based upon inputs from the buyers who have transacted with you, this account falls into the bottom 1 percent of all eBay sellers with regard to buyer satisfaction.

Due to this breach, we are removing selling privileges on this account for a period of at least 30 days, and are ending any open listings. You will still be able to conclude outstanding transactions, resolve issues with your buyers and access emails in My Messages. However, you won't be able to list any items with this account.

Here's what you can do now:

Complete all open transactions, and settle any open issues with your buyers. You can access disputes open against you in the Dispute Console from My eBay. If you require assistance or information about the Item Not Received or Significantly Not a Described Process you can learn more by copy the following link into a new browser window:
                          Shop by Category | eBay

What happens next?

We will review your account again after a minimum of 30 days. If the level of buyer satisfaction with regard to this account has not improved significantly, further action will be taken, including the suspension of all of your eBay accounts.

Please be advised that this account restriction does not relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees that you may owe to eBay.

For more information about our Seller Non-Performance policy, copy the following link into a new browser window:

Seller standards policy

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Your eBay Account is Suspended: Action Required (You get this one sometimes very late in the game, after the account is already suspended for a trust and safety violation, and stupid EBAY is still trying to collect unpaid fees from you!)
                          Your eBay fees of $_______ for your user account _________ are severely past due. Because you are delinquent in paying your fees, we have suspended your eBay account. Your current listings have been ended and you are no longer a member of the eBay Community.

You must pay your eBay fees immediately. Please follow the 4 steps below:

1. Log on to Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles & More | eBay
                          2. Click 'Site Map' at the top of the page
                          3. In the 'My Selling Account' section, click 'Make a Single Payment'. Sign in if requested
                          4. Select a method to pay your eBay fees and follow the online instructions on page

If you do not have access to your account or prefer not to pay online, please mail your payment with your payment coupon and clearly state your account ID E660333714001 on the check with a copy of this notice to:

eBay, Inc.
                          P.O. Box 2179
                          Carol Stream, IL 60132-2179
                          United States

If this past due balance is the only reason for restricting your account, it will be reopened for bidding and listing when your full payment is received. Your account will continue to be charged a late payment finance charge of up to 1.5% of your past due amount and additional collections remedies may be used to bring this account to current.

If you have already paid your eBay fees, please disregard this message.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I've been suspended twice with the same eBay account, but it didn't bother me at all as long as you make an appeal to eBay and say sorry to them. Most people will get panic but actually there's nothing to worry about. I wish you good luck ebayuser !

Comment

Making an appeal and saying sorry to them is about the worst thing you can do in most cases. They will deny it, and then more and more eyes will view your account, history, types of items that you sell, and gun for you even harder in the future as you try to create new accounts.

You have to take certain steps to bolster your account, and usually the appeal directly to EBAY avails you absolutely nothing.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X