Suspended for going over defect rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspended for going over defect rate

Long time seller here. Over 10 years on 1 of 4 accounts. I had an account go over the 5% defect rate. This particular account was made in June, 2014. I kept selling past my review even tho I was in the red for being over 5%... then a week before my next review I called eBay and worked with some nice reps that helped me remove 2 defects (not delivered ended up showing it got there and i shipped on time, and customer using defect to get a return then stating it wasnt defective in the message to me). This brought my defect down to 4.81%.. UNDER the 5%. Then 3 days later I was suspended. After calling eBay I was told I need to email the Appeals Dept. They ran me through how to do that and reassured me that they were sure I would get appealed because I made the effort to get under the 5%. Appeals Dept mailed back and said something along the lines of 'after in-depth investoation because of the high defect along with my email they confirm restriction was correct and won't be overturned. And don't try to communicate further because it won't be reinstated'.

All 4 of my accounts got linked and selling restrictions limited. I am still able to purchase (yay).

Is there hope for getting my oldest account back? Waht is the short list and where do I find it? Thanks!

It's interesting that your account was created after the new performance standards came into effect
    Ebay new performance standards April 16, 2014 - DSRs are no longer the only factors - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    but you were still picked off (although actually, the new standards weren't enforced until as late as August 20, 2014 - which means that you might have fallen short from the beginning, but Ebay didn't really take notice of your defect issues until after August 20, 2014).

It's usually a mistake to keep contacting Ebay or PayPal, at least not before certain steps are taken:
    Complain to Trust and Safety and EBAY employees if suspended? - how to get reinstated - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Anyway, send me a private message we'll discuss options. Thanks!

The Short List
    What is the Short List? - Modee One on One Tech Support - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    is for new account creation which is one of your options.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have a similar problem to this. I had a seller account for a few years and late last year I had a problem where I ran out of stock on an item. Before I could remove the listing, a few purchases were made. I contacted all of the buyers and issued refunds immediately, and offered a large discount to them when the item came back in stock if they were still interested the following week. Because I had to cancel and refund these orders, my defects were too high and my selling account was fully restricted. Prior to this, I had a 100% and no defects.

If possible, I would like to create a new account to get back to selling on ebay again, without it being restricted because of my other account.

Comment

Thanks Micmake for your private message. I responded.

You might want to consider this too:
        eBay Begins Campaign to Reinstate Suspended Accounts time to act is now - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X