No announcement yet.

Suspended from Ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely NOT! Your leading yourself into suspension like that. If you use the same address then you'll get suspended. I guarantee that. You can get a Post Box at any Pakistani Post Office.
    ~I Wholesale BlackBerry Unlock Codes~
    Make Money On Ebay and Sell BlackBerry Unlock Codes
    You Can Sell These Unlock Codes Any Where Around the World
    Make An Extra $500-$1,000 A Month!
    PM Me for Pricing Or If You Have Any Questions

Comment

Ok fair enough so will have to use an address to buy and sell stuff that is completely new. Also sorry I'm actually a British Pakistani LOL lived in uk all my life but that shouldn't be an issue right? Thought I would just clarify that for you. Would modee be able to help once he is available of course to get me to run an account on same address or is that out of question btw my brother has been using his account which is registered under the address I got suspended and hasn't had any problems but he only buys stuff. And also how do I avoid any suspicions on new account how many items shall I or can I list and buy without causing any raised eyebrows?

A bit irrelevant but what about paypal payment hold, do I have to get a 100 transactions before they stopping holding my payments or is there a different criteria for this?

Also if I have read a particular post right of modee is it true that I can use any name while registering a card with eBay/paypal as they only check numbers etc so I could use of my new accounts which is under my name but change name while registering/verifying with paypal etc.

Once again your advice is much appreciated.

Comment

Well if you have Pakistani residency it shouldn't be a problem. Yes, Modee will be able to help you once he's available.

Well when your selling on a new account you have to start off slow and once you get ten positive feedback scores then you can start selling more little by little.

Well you have to get above fifteen positive feedbacks to stop getting the 21 day hold.

Yes, that's true you can use any card with any name.

Comment

Ok that is sound and just to clear it up I'm not a Pakistan resident, I was born in uk and have lived in uk nearly all my life, just my parents come from Pakistan.

How many items do you think I can list on eBay in a week for it to not to raise eyebrows? As earlier said I don't sell a lot in the means of quantity but I sell iPhones which are very expensive so I shouldn't have a problem listing maybe 10 phones in a week and just to get the 15 positive feedbacks will list some accessories for dead cheap so I can get to that figure in the process getting over the 10 positives as well so maybe I can list a bit more.

You really have helped a great deal and will contact Modee so I can open an account for my home address also.

I spoke to you earlier in regards to my other eBay account and have not used it but my brother is using his and he has had no problem whatsoever, but he does just buy items. Do you really think it's a bad idea to try to buy off my other account as surely they let my brother buy I don't see why they will stop me using this account which is under my wifes name.

Would it jeopardize the chance Modee would have of me opening myself an account later on for the same address or is it ok to try and worse thing is my account gets suspended which won't make a difference as I'm not using the account anyway?

Once again thanks for your helpful tips

Comment

Also if you don't mind could you kindly direct me to the part of forum where I can find out about taxes etc on opening a business account as was considering this to upgrade my account to powerseller status but from the little I have found out it will seemingly take a big chunk from my sales due to taxes etc.

What would you recommend I do stay as private seller or upgrade to business and anyways I can reduce my taxes etc. I did read a thread where you said something about leasing a car etc but really a bit confused.

Thanks

Comment

Well I don't know much about the tax situation in Pakistan but in the USA if you don't report income over $5,000 your surely headed for an audit. An audit, in the long run, costs much more than just paying your taxes. If your selling under 5k then you don't have to report it.

Well that depends on your sales. What do you expect your gross annual sale to be?
              The more items you purchase under your LLC or Corporations name the more you can deduct from your taxes.
              Last edited by John14789; 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

LOL how come you keep referring to Pakistan? You may have missed my first post as you have replied to the second one so if you would be so kind to have a look at that query aswell. Does the tax apply on the full sale in the uk or just profit? If I buy an item for£300 and sell £400 do I pay tax on £100 or £400? in the last 12 months mainly last 9 months I must have had sales of around £15,000 but profit was a lot lower though and this is when I wasn't paying a lot of attention. I'm pretty sure I can double that.

I will probably have to get a lot more information but say my annual sales are £30,000 and tax is I don't know say 10% so the tax I would pay on that £3000? seems steep. Ok so if I lease a car that will cost me £3000 a year can I deduct from taxes and not pay a penny or how does it work?

Cheers
                Last edited by bigboykelly; 06-08-2010, 12:54 AM. Reason: Forgot

Comment

I was referring to Pakistan because your user flag is indicates that. Ok your personal income tax depends on which tax bracket your on. What that means is depending on how much you make annually puts you in a specific tax bracket which has a percentage that you have to put toward personal income tax. You'll have to speak to your accountant to see what your tax bracket in.

You only pay tax on your net profit. You get to your net profit by deducting the cost of your merchandise and any other expense of doing business.

In order for you to deduct a company car from your profit you'll have to lease it. Don't finance it since you'll only get the interest deducted if you do so.

If the car is totally for business then yes everything will be deducted as business expense.

Comment

Originally posted by John14789 View Post
                    I was referring to Pakistan because your user flag is indicates that. Ok your personal income tax depends on which tax bracket your on. What that means is depending on how much you make annually puts you in a specific tax bracket which has a percentage that you have to put toward personal income tax. You'll have to speak to your accountant to see what your tax bracket in.

You only pay tax on your net profit. You get to your net profit by deducting the cost of your merchandise and any other expense of doing business.

In order for you to deduct a company car from your profit you'll have to lease it. Don't finance it since you'll only get the interest deducted if you do so.

If the car is totally for business then yes everything will be deducted as business expense.
                    Hmmm interesting and getting a bit complicated LOL, I'm working full time at the moment but was doing eBay on the side but that is going to change as I plan on working part time and doing full time on eBay. I may have potential of earning £15 to £20k but as of yet no sure as not really properly calculated what I have done in the last 12 months but would estimate around £6-10k in profit but that is a guess but should be around that figure.

The only reason I am going to open a business account so I can get powerseller status but since I will be opening a new account I can trial and see what happens before I consider leasing as can't get powerseller status till I meet certain requirements anyway.

Also asked earlier in regards to the other eBay account that I have and as of yet not used that since I got suspended, my question is if will I get suspended for listing same items on there aswell? My brother has been using his account albeit for buying only though.

If I tried to tweak around and open a new account ie changing something like street to just st and of course using all other information that differs to my previous account and say I got suspended, would modee still be able to get me up and running again? As really need to do something until he gets back.

P.s I can change all other details pretty easily for new account but anyway I can get away with the phone verification with paypal etc as that would be same address?

Once again John really appreciate you going out of your way to give me these detailed answered. Thanks

Comment

There are tons of people selling cell phones on ebay uk. No, they won't suspect you to be the same person.

That's why I'm saying to get a PO BOX. Or better yet, open a PMB at a UPS location in UK.

As far as phone verification goes you can get a pre-paid phone and use that to verify your paypal account.

You'll have to speak to Modee about that scenario.

No problem.

Comment

Getting quite complicated now, I have absolutely zilch idea in regards to what your talking about PMB at an UPS and also not sure what you mean in regards to PO BOX. Maybe you could elaborate and also will have to google in regards to getting verified via a pre-paid phone as I'm very alien to all this stuff.

Comment

How about I just enter my next door neighbours phone and will get the pin off them once they ring and just enter into paypal?

Comment

Does your next door neighbor have an ebay/paypal account?
                            A landline phone can be traced back to the home address.

Comment

Originally posted by John14789 View Post
                              Does your next door neighbor have an ebay/paypal account?
                              A landline phone can be traced back to the home address.
                              No they don't, they are actually our tenants my dad owns the house. So what you think?

Comment

If your dad owns the house and there is no record of your name being attached to the tenant's address then go ahead and proceed.

Comment

Working...
                                X