Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to open a new PayPal account in the US without a social security SS #?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to open a new PayPal account in the US without a social security SS #?

In general, no - but Modee does have some insider ways to do so following certain techniques.

As far as using a corporate employer information number (EIN) instead of a SS #, if you had read the forums, you would know that is not a solution. On corporate PP accounts the system asks for the social anyway, UNLESS the corporation is in the credit bureau systems, such as Experian Credit which is what PP uses, and is verifiable. Even then, most of the time PP still comes back and asks for the social security number of the company officer or owner.

Indeed, your company practically has to be a Fortune 500 one in order for PayPal to allow an EIN in lieu of a social security number.

Merchant accounts are the same way - they ask for both the social security number of the applicant, and the EIN of the company. You people need to understand that PP is a merchant processing account, and as such has all the same requirements. Just that PayPal lets you get your foot in the door - THEN asks for all that information.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

In the US PayPal will always eventually ask for and confirm your social security number unless you open a corporate PayPal account and provide an EIN that links to a verifiable corporation that has a corporate credit profile with a bureau like Equifax. Even then, PayPal may turn around and ask for the account owner's social security number anyway.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Search the forums and this thread for the answer...which is that EIN is no solution unless you are practically a Fortune 500 company. PP will still ask for your social.

Even if you own or are associated with a Corporation that is strong enough to have credit issued to it without a personal guarantee, PayPal's system will usually still ask for the SS # of the account holder.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

but how long (I know this is a general statement, depends on what you are selling, particulars) can you go typically before the SSN question. I assume it is part of the inevitable first limitation? I am in Canada and have a way through temporary US bank accounts etc. to open usa paypal accounts, and verify them.

I have 2 of them right now but haven't used them for anything yet so this question about how long they'd be good for anyway is important - If they tend to be good for at least a month that is helpful still for me. But if they are down in a week then no bother

Comment

I have two methods to address the U.S. social security number. One delays the request, the other bypasses it entirely.

How long the delay lasts depends on many factors, including what you sell on the account and the volume. But even more important is proper account creation and how you use the accounts and how you withdraw the money. There are, maybe ten pages of dos and don'ts that affect how long the accounts will last before limitation. All of this information and more is included in my Short List.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

What are proper account creation techniques? and please elaborate on how the accounts should be used and how you withdraw the money.

I create and verify the accounts instantly - I add a phone number and thats about it. Then I sell and always add tracking info. I withdraw 2 days after my funds are released and I never take all - I keep ebay's cut there at all times plus a lil extra.

Comment

The proper account creation techniques are outlined in my hundred twenty page plus Short List which is part of the tech support I give people to teach them how to create untraceable/unlinkable EBAY + PayPal accounts.

You've opened a tech support with me on a different topic, and that will concern how to reinforce an EBAY + PP account so as to get past a limitation. This should teach you more about how to properly "use" the accounts.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Unagi View Post
                but how long (I know this is a general statement, depends on what you are selling, particulars) can you go typically before the SSN question. I assume it is part of the inevitable first limitation? I am in Canada and have a way through temporary US bank accounts etc. to open usa paypal accounts, and verify them.

I have 2 of them right now but haven't used them for anything yet so this question about how long they'd be good for anyway is important - If they tend to be good for at least a month that is helpful still for me. But if they are down in a week then no bother
                My stealth accounts are usually good for several months before the SS# inquiry. Although; I sell items priced $20-$50/each, so higher priced transactions may not last as long. The trick is to start slow, build up their confidence, and always resolve issues ASAP. If you have all your paperwork in order (all verified), and all they need is a SS#; you can put off the request for quite a while.

Also; there are several ways around it all together, but it takes a lot of work. Modee has had several successes in doing this, and is the best person to go to.

NOTE: Canadian accounts are a little different, and you may not be allowed to; but I would try to NOT link your Paypal account with your eBay account.

Comment

I can say that it IS possible because I have done it twice.

1. Create your account (you wont be required to submit your ssn)

2. When PP asks for your ssn for whatever reason. Just come up with some reason for why you won't give it.

It goes without saying that if you were suspended from pp or had some real trouble with them before it is better if you hide your ip once you create a new acc.

If you do it right, they will restore your account back to normal and will not bother you again. Well, at least they did not bother me and it has been 7 months on one and 2 months on the other one I made.

I hope you guys find this useful.

Comment

What is somewhat new and is related to
                    Reporting requirements - U.S. merchant accounts beginning January 1, 2012 - IRS taxes - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                    Taxes - PayPal, other credit card processors reporting income (gross receipts) to IRS - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
                    is that PayPal is increasingly requesting social security or EIN numbers from sellers, even before you reach the threshold reporting requirement of $20,000. and 200 items. And what is somewhat new, is that EBay in some cases will prevent you from listing at all, until you provide PayPal with the information they want. I say only "somewhat" new because ever since Ebay bought PayPal in 2002, issues you have on the PayPal side have affected your Ebay account.

So what is going on, is that if you have a PayPal linked to your Ebay, Ebay is strong arming some sellers into providing what PayPal is requesting, which often includes a social security number request. And then PayPal is running credit.

eBay Blocks Users for Not Providing Tax IDs to PayPal

There are a number of solutions for this social security number request by PayPal, and one of them is to get a merchant account of your own, and avoid PayPal entirely. Now, if you do any volume, that merchant processor will request information from you too, but if you know what you are doing, you can get the merchant account in a company name with a real EIN, and then link it to your Ebay and make everyone happy, and not constantly worry about this threshold limit for sales.

There are other ways to bypass the social security number request entirely too.

Through Modee tech support, anything is possible.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                    X