Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a new IP address assigned to me, will I get limited because I have a new IP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a new IP address assigned to me, will I get limited because I have a new IP?

I've used the same IP address to access my Paypal account for the past 4 years. Now I am getting a new IP address assigned to me (staying at the same location though). Will this cause problems when I log in with the new IP?

When doing a lookup on my new IP address, it has the same geographic location and same ISP.

The IPs are not similar to each other. The old IP is something like 65.72.XXX.XXX and my new one is like 207.170.XXX.XXX

What is the best course of action to take to not get limited?

if you didn't already clear your cookies & flash objects, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Simply register the IP with your linked cookies & flash objects, once the IP is registered with your user name, you can then start removing them again. If you have already clear all of them out, then you may have a bigger problem. Is it a stealth account, or your real account?

Comment

This is my real account, I don't plan on having multiple accounts, I just had a change in IP and wanted to make sure I don't get limited. I haven't cleared any cookies on my computer.

Could you explain this step please:

Simply register the IP with your linked cookies & flash objects

Thanks

Comment

You should read this as background:
        Paypal recognizes me as a third party - keeps limiting me - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
        but otherwise, why would you think changing your IP address would even be an issue for someone in your situation? I mean from what you describe, you should have no problems.

Sometimes when you switch between, say, a router and no router, your IP address will change dramatically, but still resolve to the same geographic location. And even if it did not resolve to the same location, again - so what? I mean, people move. People travel. People are on the go!

Absent some other factor(s), changing your IP address in this situation is nothing to worry about.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Modee covered it, but here's what I was saying...

eBay doesn't only track you by IP, so changing just the IP isn't means for suspension. eBay tracks you by IP, web cookies, and flash objects. If one changes (IP), they still know who you are based on the others. Those of us who clear the other things out every login are subject to verifing identity by phone.

Bottom line though; if you are using a "legit" account, you should be able to answer the identity verification call that they do when they question your login.

Sevn

Comment

Thanks for the replies. This is a truly legit account I've had for many years and I just don't want to get it limited since I use paypal often.

I've heard of horror stories of those getting limited and having to fax this and that to paypal and not having access to the account for months. I just don't want that to happen to me.

Comment

Well I've got news for you...PayPal limits and requests verifying information from almost all accounts eventually, even ones that have been around for years. But changing IP address is quite low on the totem pole of what triggers these requests.
              Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
              Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X