X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal recognizes me as a third party - keeps limiting me

Hi Sir/Madam,

Greetings of Peace,

I have a problem in my paypal account. I always being limited after I log-on my account. Heres the situation.

"I log on my account, after a seconds a received new mail about notification for limited account access, the reason states that my account has been accessed by a third party. Then I go to resolution center and complete the checklist items. After many hours I received new mail showing that my account has been restored. Then I log-on my paypal account, After a seconds they limit my account again, the reason again states that my account has beed accessed by the third party. I complete the checklist again and again my account has bees restored. I log-on my paypal accoun, after a seconds they limit my account again with the same reason for third party access."

By that I found out that the paypal system points that the third party was me, the owner itself.

I also realize that my computer is in deepfreeze mode from the start of my registration to paypal. that's why all the information stored in my computer will be removed whenever I restart my computer. Also my cookie in my web browser is disabled from the start. Is this the reason why paypal recognize me as third party?

I need clarification

Please help me.

Thank YOu

There are three primary ways that PayPal recognizes you:

1. IP address
    2. cookies
    3. flash objects

You can read more here:
    EBAY tracking - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Also of course keep these factors in mind
    Basics to avoiding Suspension / Linking when you create a new EBAY / PayPal account - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    most of which apply to EBAY as well as PayPal.

I can tell you that if all three of those primary factors change constantly, then yes - PP will tend to limit you and ask for verification information. However, after a period of time, even if all three of those things change or are not present (no cookies, no flash objects), PP will cease to limit you.

The scenario you describe is usually applicable to people who log in using some kind of proxy or VPN. If you are using a proxy or VPN, then you will be constantly limited by PP until they get used to the fact that you are using such methods for log in.

Another possibility is that you have disabled cookies. You should not DISABLE cookies entirely - you should set your browser to clear them on each restart. There is a big difference between not having your old cookies present and not being able to accept cookies at all.

If this does not help, you should consider hiring me for tech support.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Me Too!

This just happened to me today... what a pain. I use a VPN becuase I live outside the US most of the year. I use internet phone service so they couldn't verify my address with the phone number. There going to send me a letter to verify my address, that could take 5 or 7 days.. which means 2 weeks to get to me. And then to I read that this could happen again!

I guess I will have to access my paypal strictly though the VPN or not through the VPN so that they don't see changes.

Jason

Comment

VPN is a very bad idea with PayPal - and leads to account suspension or at a minimum very strict scrutiny.
        Proxies, TOR, VPN, Hide your IP - All bad for EBAY and PayPal - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I did all the crap they ask me to do online.. Though it felt like it would take forever.. So I called from my internet. They removed the limitation very quickly. I suggest anybody with this problem.. get on the phone...

Tip: when you call the customer support line.. Don't say main menu, Just say operator... there is not option I could find for limited accounts. Also no option I heard to get a real person either.. I just said operator because is seemed logical.. haha.

Comment

Yes, getting on the phone is good
            PayPal disputes - timing to shut buyers out - and tips on how best to work disputes - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
            however, sadly, with this problem you are having it will come back again and again. No phone call can lift the issue forever. If you use VPN, at best - your PayPal account will be put under such scrutiny that unless everything else is above reproach, your account will go down.

With EBAY VPN causes certain suspension. No ifs ands or buts!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

paypal account limitation and security measures error

I'm a paypal account holder. My account got limited i think 2 month ago simply because they claim my account was accessed by a third party. I've tried to restore my account through security measures at paypal security center. After I login to my account I get redirected to paypal security measures and ask me to enter my full bank account number because my bank account is attached to it. But after I enter my bank account number I get this error;

We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005

It's been 2 month since I've been getting this error. I'v tried it in diffirent browsers, diffirent computers, on phones and even new OS with fresh browser but I still get the same error. i tried calling them with a number I got while reseaching for help. But when ever i call a machine picks it and ask me for my telephone number registed with the account but I didn't register with a telephone number since I don't have one so it wont let me talk to nobody till I provide the telephone number. I'm frustrated! I just don't know what to do again.
              Please help me. I really need my account back.

Comment

Help! I can't access Paypal because of 'random' maintenance

Hi all,

I just logged in to my Paypal account yesterday and it was fine, but today when I logged in, I got this message:

Security Measures

We are currently performing regular maintenance of our security measures. Your account has been randomly selected for this maintenance, and you will now be taken through a series of identity verification pages.

Protecting the security of your PayPal account is our primary concern, and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Bank Account Information

Bank Account: (name of the bank where my account is plus two digits of my account number)
                Full Account Number:

---

Right, so Paypal wants me input my full bank account number again. I've heard rumours of Paypal phishing similar to this, but I've checked everything and quite certain this is legit (there's the padlock at the bottom, it says verified by paypal, etc.). I typed the full account number and clicked submit. But then it said it was incorrect/incomplete and asked me to input again. I've tried half a dozen times and it still didn't recognize my number until this message appeared on top of the page:

You have two attempts remaining before you will be required to contact PayPal Customer Service to gain access to your account.

---

Basically I can't gain access to my Paypal account. They wanted me to give my bank account number again, which I did but they couldn't recognize. There's hardly any money inside the account but still this is quite a bother. Can someone shed a light to this? I've seen a lot of similar cases by googling it but can't find any solution.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I don't know if this is related or not, but until yesterday my account was actually limited by Paypal. Last week they sent me an email saying they put a limitation because they had reason to believe a third-party has accessed my account. I figure that might be me myself cause I accessed it from overseas, and I heard Paypal would be alerted if an account is accessed from abroad. After reading the email, I logged in to my account but saw no limitation alert at all so I figured it was nothing.

Yesterday I was going to pay an item that I won from eBay using this Paypal. During checkout, it said I had a problem with my Paypal. So I logged in to Paypal and now it is limited. They asked for proof of address, change of password and secret question. I was going to give them what they asked because I've been limited once, gave all they asked, and it was restored. But when I tried to change password and secret question, the random Security Measures thing appeared and asked me for my full bank account number. At this stage, I can access my account but it is limited. But this morning, I can't access it at all!! The worst thing is that they can't even recognize my bank account number.
                Last edited by Dom; 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

When PayPal asks you to log into your PayPal account itself, and you do log in and find that it is limited, you had better believe the request is legitimate!

PayPal will never give you a link in its email to go to log in. Rather, the message will simply ask you to log in, and then address the limitation. ALSO, the message will always start out with your full name, and Phishers will almost never have your full name.

ALTHOUGH - I will tell you that one client of mine got a PayPal phishing letter that DID start out with a salutation in the account holder's real name! Scary.

Anyway, here is a typical "security measure" email from PayPal that is completely legitimate. Just log in and address the requests which include supplying either the credit card associated with the account, social security number associated with the account, or bank account associated with the account. Also changing password and security question.

As noted above, if you regularly log in with any form of VPN, be prepared to constantly have to deal with this sort of limitation, as well as more serious ones.

Hello ______________,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding your account.

Case ID Number: PP-841-XXX-XXX

For your protection, we have limited access to your account until additional security measures can be completed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the Resolution Center. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek further clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal by visiting the Help Center and clicking "Contact Us".

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

For more information about these sorts of limitations, review this thread.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                  X