Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Basics to avoiding Suspension / Linking when you create a new EBAY / PayPal account

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basics to avoiding Suspension / Linking when you create a new EBAY / PayPal account

Follow these to avoid being traced back to an old EBAY account of yours:

1. New email address
    2. New name
    3. New address
    4. New telephone number Phone Number verification - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    5. New credit card Credit Card and Bank Account Options - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    (Be sure to read this thread: Credit card verification in general - gift cards - for new EBAY accounts - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited )
    6. New bank account Bank Account options - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    7. Delete cookies EBAY tracking - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    8. Delete flash objects Recognizing your computer via cookies? IP? Flash Objects (LSOs)? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    9. Change IP address Changing your IP address - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

10. Pick PayPal or your own merchant account as your payment method to receive payments. Merchant Accounts - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

11. List items for sale - and awaaaaay you go. Auction Listing Techniques & Tools - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

For more - read the forums or check out
    Modee One on One Tech Support - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

What are your thoughts on using new Windows user accounts? Necessary or not?

S.

Comment

Multiple user accounts are the best way I have found to help keep my accounts organized. Though not necessary; it prevents you from having to clear the cookies/flash objects before logging in every time. I use multiple user accounts, but still clear my cookies/flash objects... JUST IN CASE.

In addition; it has been found that Google captures your windows login name for tracking purposes, so it's just a matter of time before eBay figures it out too. If eBay starts doing this; your accounts will could possibly get linked, thus resulting in multiple suspensions.

In closing; I would suggest that you get in the habit of using separate user accounts, so you are one step ahead when they do start tracking them.

Comment

Also be sure to check out
        Making some ebay accounts on same names - multiple accounts that are linked? - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

Modee Tech Support

Comment

A very good info. Well done !

Comment

Sevnsins[Modee feel free to chip in],

You say you use differnet logins for the different Ebay accounts but all from the same computer. What about the IP situation..arnt you still using the same IP for all the accounts ?

2) Is IP really a big deal when you are on an ISP with millions of users. Unless I am missing something my ISP[optus] in australia is allocating the same IP to thousands of users at the same time. so for example my IP of say 122.105.110.44 is being shared by thousands of users so IP by itself is not a sure thing for Ebay tracking. Am I offbase and my DSL IP address is unique to me ?

3) Even with Auctiva you eventually have to directly log into Ebay. Is it crucial to use different IP for the say 2 different accounts, use the actual IP used to create the accts for each login and is it also crucial to avoid using the original suspended acct IP adress even if the IP is being used by 000's of other DSL users.

The above assumes I have the multiple window logins in order as well as Firefox cookie deletion on reloads, etc

Comment

The only time the IP address may not be specifically assigned to a single user is with dial up.

Auctiva is discussed here.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Paypal linked account question

Does anyone know if Paypal tracks Moneypak numbers? Lets say I used a moneypak # to fund one account then funded another. Just wondering if they track that.

I have heard that paypal does track passwords. But do you htink they track username/password for your bank acct website? You know to speed up the bank account verification process its nice to use your bank website for verification.

Comment

Given that EBAY and PayPal track credit card numbers, I suppose they could track a MoneyPack number too.

It is okay to use to Bank Verification website to confirm your PayPal account. They do not track you based on the PW, but of course the bank account must be different. For most people this means a different username.

So the username would always be different as well unless you had multiple bank accounts up with online access using the same username/password. IF you have multiple bank accounts up under the same username/PW, it would be best to do the verification via the small deposits. As a matter of fact, you will notice that if you try this online verification and you have multiple bank accounts attached to the same username/PW (more than one account visible when you log in), the online verification will fail.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Two friends got their accounts limited because mine was

I have two friends (that I know of) that have their accounts limited since mine was limited a few weeks back. One is a roommate and one is a friend who doesn't share my address, or bank account, or anything! Maybe we've sent money back and forth a couple of times but that's it!

My roommate told me he already called PP and they said while they couldn't tell him any specific detail, his account was linked to mine somehow. No outstanding balance, no chargebacks. This is just BS, even from Paypal :/

My other friend hasn't called PP yet. I can't think of any reason why her acct would be linked to mine other than the fact that I've bought some stuff from ebay back from who-knows-when for her.

I don't care much about my account anymore, as long as I get my money in 180 days. But I don't want to be the ass who get his friends in trouble :/

Any suggestion?

Comment

My roommate just showed me this email he got 30 mins after calling PP.

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts
                      for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close
                      it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer
                      complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.

Comment

There are really only two possibilities:

1 - is that your account was linked with theirs, because of linking factors such as outlined in this thread. There is of course far more to linking than just what is outlined in this thread - the complete outline to creating untraceable/unlinkable EBAY + PayPal accounts is in the Short List, and in the Short List is a complete list of ALL linking factors used by EBAY.
                        Now, even if the accounts were linked, USUALLY Ebay and PayPal want to do a little more checking to make certain they are not shutting down innocent parties. Now, how much research do they do? Well depends on the level of linking factors and what the linked factors are. For example, if the sole link is IP address and even cookies and flash objects, and yet the IP address is at a library or internet cafe, and there are no other common factors, the linked account will not be shut down.
                        But if the common IP address is at a home, and then something ELSE additionally links the accounts, such as common last name of account holder or common sort of items being sold, then Ebay or PayPal will shoot first and ask questions later. It's all really very complex as to what tipped the whole matter over to suspension or permanent limitation, and requires careful analysis of the accounts in question through tech support.

2 - The other possibility is that these other accounts were independently up to no good and shut down for that reason. Now, it may well be that the REASON PayPal scrutinized these accounts at all is that they were somehow linked to yours, but in the end, the reason they went down may have nothing to do with you.

To explore this issue further, you will need to open a tech support. Thanks.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Does paypal track accts by lists of buyers?

I have had accts permanently limited in the past.

I have hundreds of customers from those accts. many of them are repeat customers

is it dangerous for me to take payments from some of these customers to my new paypal acct?

basically my question is will paypal flag my acct for getting payments from a bunch of the same people I got payments from on my bad accts?

thanks in advance

Comment

We are not aware of any linking due to a buyer's list, although if other linking factors are present I suppose PayPal could go in and use this pattern to complete their decision.

In general though, PayPal isn't so interested in taking you down and linking you to past accounts unless you have ripped them off by abandoning accounts in the red - owing them money. When you do that, they go to extraordinary measures to link you above and beyond what is outlined in this thread. You would need tech support to understand what those measures are and more importantly, how to combat them.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Closing/Opening New paypal account with same bank info.

A few days ago I set up a new Paypal account. I verified it, and lifted the initial limits. I Noticed a made a grave error. Somehow I used an address when setting up my new account, that is already in use by another account that i have. Paypal hasnt caught the error yet, and im not sure if they will. Since the accounts are both not limited yet, and its been about 10 days since i typed that address in.

My question is, Can I delete or close the account that i made the error on. Then, remake another account with the same bank and debit card, but with the correct address? Or do i need to open another bank account and get and other debit card, and start from scratch?

I tried already to edit the address on the account to fix it. But it wouldnt let me change it. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                              X