Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal limited account, requesting social security number and keeping my money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal limited account, requesting social security number and keeping my money?

Recently paypal limited my account( did not close it) and is requesting my social security information.

If I refuse to give it to them, is there anyway to get my money back?

I read online that if they close your account, they said they will give your money back in 180 days but what if your account is only limited and not closed.

Is there anyway to get your money back?

Does the same 180 day rule still apply for an account that has been limited but not closed?

Thanks

You should check out these threads if you have not already
    PayPal limited Permanently - after 180 days does PP really send you a check? YES. - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited
    How to Avoid PayPal Limitation - no way to avoid it until you provide social security - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

A PayPal account that is limited will eventually become "permanently limited," and 180 days after that permanent limitation it is closed and the funds are dispersed as per the above thread.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Paypal saying I need to verify SS# info with Experian

Hello and thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out with my problem here.

A few days ago my Paypal account was limited for reasons unknown to me. I immediately gave PayPal a call because I had no idea what had happened and needed to clear this matter up ASAP.

The representative told me that they "Couldn't match my provided SS# with Experian's records". He told me it would be as simple as giving experian a call and ask them to update my records with correct information... It most certainly has NOT BEEN that easy. I have been able to get no where with Experian and this whole matter is looking like its going to take quite a while to get cleared up, something that really worries me as I need the funds that have been locked in my PayPal ASAP.

Has anyone experienced this before?
      Can someone PLEASE help me out here and let me know what I can do to get my limitation lifted ASAP?
      Thank you very much.

-Nick

Comment

You need tech support to address this. It is a common scenario.
        Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
        Modee Tech Support

Comment

Hello!

Originally posted by TheHigherClass View Post
          Hello and thank you in advance to anyone who can help me out with my problem here.

A few days ago my Paypal account was limited for reasons unknown to me. I immediately gave PayPal a call because I had no idea what had happened and needed to clear this matter up ASAP.

The representative told me that they "Couldn't match my provided SS# with Experian's records". He told me it would be as simple as giving experian a call and ask them to update my records with correct information... It most certainly has NOT BEEN that easy. I have been able to get no where with Experian and this whole matter is looking like its going to take quite a while to get cleared up, something that really worries me as I need the funds that have been locked in my PayPal ASAP.

Has anyone experienced this before?
          Can someone PLEASE help me out here and let me know what I can do to get my limitation lifted ASAP?
          Thank you very much.

-Nick
          Hello again!
          I'm going thru the same thing, were you able to get anything resolve maybe you can help me?

Thank you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paola View Post
            Hello again!
            I'm going thru the same thing, were you able to get anything resolve maybe you can help me?

Thank you!!!
            I had the same thing happen to me..Paypal wouldnt allow me access to my funds..I hired Modee's one on one Tech support & with there help was able to gain access to my funds..I highly recommend you give Modee's tech support a call. And no, i dont get paid to recommend his service, im just one happy camper for all the help he provided for me.

The Goose

Comment

Working...
            X