Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PayPal limited Permanently - after 180 days does PP really send you a check? YES.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PayPal limited Permanently - after 180 days does PP really send you a check? YES.

*Update* See towards the end of this thread - in some situations PayPal is starting to play a game where they are holding on to funds beyond the 180 days.

Yes they will, so don't worry.

At the end of the 180 day period they will mail a check to WHATEVER address you like, or ACH it to any account you had linked to the PayPal prior to the limitation.

Of course, the check will be payable to the PP account holder, but there are ways to cash about any check.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

What if the name I have on my PP account isnt my real name, how would I cash the check??????

Comment

You can PM for more details, but basically any check under $1000. will go through the ATM machine as long as it is an established account. And there are legal ways to cash any check for any amount.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

What if i add the VCC to that Limited Paypal Account? PP Account holder name is match with my Bank Account holder name, but the PP account has been receiving a lot of fraudulent transaction from fraud credit card, do they investigate you after 180 days have past ? Thanks.

Comment

Yes if PayPal supects some form of fraud they will try to withhold the money, but even if they claim all that, they still have to do something with the money, and just keeping it is not an option.

So unless there is some government agency that can assume responsibility for the funds, it has to become available at some point.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Modee;

'So unless there is some government agency that can assume responsibility for the funds, it has to become available at some point'.

after the 180 days of holding, can PP dictate how they release your funds? i read that they say that they will send you a cheque, which is useless in situations like ours?

Comment

Why useless? There are legal techniques to cash most any check, made out in any name. You can also have the funds ACHed to any account that was attached to your PP prior to the limitation.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

how to withdraw money after 180 days if the info is ****

hi, modee
                i have an limited account with $8000 , but the info is ****. i wana know is there any trouble when i withdraw money after 180 days? and is there any income tax probem comes from the $8000?
                also, you said when the PP name and the bank account name do not match, both are shutting you down.
                does that means if that happened, my money won't be back anymore?

thank you

Comment

PayPal waits 180 days to make certain that none of your buyers do chargebacks or PayPal claims. At the end of the 180 days, they will either ACH whatever funds are there to a bank account that is currently linked to the PayPal, or mail a check to WHATEVER address you specify. They will not do anything unless you specify - nothing is done automatically, at least not right away.

Now, if you do nothing at all, eventually yes they will simply mail a check to the main registered PayPal address on the account.

Of course both the ACH transfer and the check will be made out to the current PayPal account holder, no way to change that.

I have not heard of too many instances where PayPal simply holds on to the money and does not release it.

Income tax is not an issue because currently PayPal does not report gross proceeds (or any proceeds) to the IRS. Of course that will change in 2011:
                  Taxes - PayPal, other credit card processors reporting income (gross receipts) to IRS - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

That is a lot of money, so for further help and tips on how to actually get your hands on that money, I would consider hiring me for tech support.
                  There are ways to get the money out before the 180 days!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Even though they DO give the check, it's pointless holding the money from us in the first place. Also, the last sale I made ($29) was 2 weeks before I was banned. The one before that was 2 months ago. So, all they need to hold is the $29, but they have $2,000 of my money

Comment

Hi,
                      I just sent you a pm Modee, I just found out my account was permantletly suspended and they were reviewing the account of mine. In the PM I had explained details and at that time the account was limited, but I was awaiting delievery of 5 orders as requested by Paypal. They said to call once the delieveries were delieveried and that I would need to check for the delieveries to of course had been delievered. The 5 orders they still were checking/verifying for delievery hadn't even been delievered yet and they already closed my account. I thought we were waiting for delievery confirmatoin Paypal? Why would you suspend me for this without even waiting? It is ridculous. I have over $9500 in this account, how do I get my money out!

Comment

I PMed you. That is a lot of money and yes there are techniques to get it out.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

In some recent cases, I have noticed that PayPal is "crying fraud" and holding on to peoples' hard earned money even after the 180 days. Now, what does "fraud" mean to PayPal? Unfortunately, PayPal is pretty fast and loose with their definition of that word. It is therefore sometimes very important to address this situation as quickly as possible, and not just sit around and wait six months hoping for a check.

In almost all cases, I must emphasize, PayPal DOES release those funds at the end of 180 days, but if you have been very naughty (and you know what I am talking about), you may never see your money unless you take action.

Using tech support techniques I have also gotten PayPal to release funds much sooner than 180 days.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Dual citizen paypal acct limited in US, now living in Canada. Help!

My boyfriend is a dual-citizen of both Canada and the US. During the past year he was living for a short time in various states and has recently moved back to Canada.

When he was in the US, he opened a US bank account. I used paypal to transfer money from his CDN tax return, which was deposited into my bank account to his US bank so that he could pay rent. This worked at first but then the account was limited. Most likely due to me handling all activity from my computer, using two accounts with activity with each other from the same IP.

The information paypal is requesting from him cannot be provided as it doesn't exist. He doesn't have a credit card or proof of US address because he didn't live there long enough. We don't care to keep his paypal account open after all this anyway, since he was unable to pay rent because of the limitation.

My question is, when paypal releases the funds after 180 days, can they direct deposit it to his american bank account? I am worried about them sending a cheque because his current address is my address in Canada. Can the funds be sent here without issue? I can't change the address to a Canadian one on the US paypal site. Any insight would be greatly appreciated and PM me if more details if there isn't a straightforward solution.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Read above - at the end of 180 days, UNLESS they claim fraud, PP will either mail a check to any address you specify, or ACH it to any bank account already on file with your PayPal account.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X