No announcement yet.

Bitcoin BTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the method with the least commission associated with buying BTC?

Comment

• Coinbase: Buy bitcoins in the United States, Europe, Canada, or Singapore.
      • LocalBitcoins: Buy bitcoin anywhere with available sellers for cash.
      • Kraken: Buy bitcoins with SEPA transfer in Europe.
      • Can also just meet people in person, hand over cash, and receive the equivalent in BTC with no transaction costs. LocalBitcoins facilitates this sort of thing as well.
      Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
      Modee Tech Support

Comment

Have you tried mining Bitcoins? I found a program called Asteroid you can download and start mining, is it that simple?

Also, do you have a Bitcoin wallet on your Mac?

Comment

I use a certain wallet, online one, that has worked well for me and no problems.

Mining isn't what it used to be although I suppose with prices over or around $1000. again it might be picking up.

Without your own dedicated hardware, unless you are paying for cloud mining (where you essentially rent the hardware), you won't get anywhere with mining. It's not enough to just download the software and run it in the background on your computer or laptop that you use for other tasks. To be both cost effective and make anything worth mentioning you need some hardware dedicated to mining with corresponding CPU power, but at the same time, you will need to weigh the hard cost of the hardware along with the soft costs of electricity to figure if you're making anything in the end. (By the way - bandwidth isn't much of an issue, but processing speed/power IS.)

Bitcoin and Litecoin mining with Asteroid for Mac

Most of the big companies that used to sell BTC mining hardware have disappeared or gone to renting out cloud based hardware. A client of mine was looking into starting one of those BTC mining hardware companies, with a corresponding investment of millions, but the bottom more or less fell out of mining, in 2014 (as BTC prices dropped), just as he was thinking of making the plunge.

If you really want to do BTC mining, I have completed all of the research, both a few years ago and again recently, to determine where to get the best, fastest and most cost effective equipment, physical or cloud based, so consider hiring me to consult on it before you spend the requisite big bucks to do it right. As BTC prices get high again, the scammers who were out there bilking people of money for BTC hardware are returning.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Just roughly, if I leave a laptop running 24/7, how many Bitcoins can I expect it to mine me over what period?
            Or would 1 Bitcoin/year be equal odds to a lottery win?

Comment

Run it on your laptop for a month and let us know.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

What in the world has happened to BTC recently?

Comment

Supply and demand! Based on the average cost of my BTC, I'm at a nine bagger right now! Better even than any stock I've bought in past four years, that's for sure.

When you think about something like this:
                  http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/Stree.../22/id/791586/
                  it really makes you think.

I got into BTC in 2013, but still very good!

The price is so high right now, might even be a good time to get back into making BTC mining hardware!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

This guy tries to manipulate the BTC markets by placing large buy or sell orders just out of the money, and then cancelling them as soon as the market moves towards his order.:
                    Single Trader with Enormous Bankroll is Manipulating Bitcoin Price, But to What End?

When I used to trade larger lots in the stock market I'd routinely place buy or sell orders for over a million dollars in a given stock, but I was legitimately buying or selling. Such orders would actually push the market around and get many small traders to jump in just below or above my bid/ask. But I placed my orders with real intent to trade, not to manipulate.

It is illegal to place such spoof, manipulative orders in the stock market, but BTC trading is largely unregulated.

By the way, BTC over $3000. now. Still continue to hold and accumulate!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

BTC trading is largely unregulated.
                      it should have a regulatory body. Because this is the currency of future.
                      It is the currency of dark net. People use it for illegal purposes because of its anonymity.
                      There are ways which makes it untraceable.
                      It should be managed by regulatory body to prevent misuse and organized in a better way.

Comment

Those are good points. Nowadays when you open a coinbase account, they actually verify your identity. BTC transactions are completely traceable actually (the entire transaction record is maintained and is very easy to trace), but if certain measures are taken, the account is anonymous and the withdrawal of the cash is somehow done anonymously, then yes it's untraceable to a person. But for the most part in most situations it's actually pretty easy to trace a BTC transaction, and many people don't realize that.

You'd be less traceable with a gift credit card that you had someone buy for you with cash, if you know what you are doing as far as using it untraceably.

The main reason sellers (of anything) like BTC is because it is irreversible.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Let's call it a phenomenon at this point, as we are over $11,000. twice even after a drop well below.

I don't believe this is even mainstream yet, and has a long way to go, UP!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I take it you're unfazed by the negative opinions about it being a bubble and comparisons to Tulipmania? The question is do you buy more or simply continue to hold on to what you have now?

Comment

Bitcoin Bubble Burst will warn you if the bitcoin dream is about to crash down
                              Page not found | TechCrunch

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Pick up a Rolls with bitcoin:
                                Rolls-Royce For Sale - Owner Wants Bitcoin

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                                X