No announcement yet.

Bitcoin BTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With bitcoin at over $13,000. seems like the run is over, right? Wrong! This is a fast moving freight train that is just getting started.

There will inevitably be ups and downs but the over all trend remains UP!

Part of bitcoin's allure is that it is seen as something that is not manipulated by Wall Street, something impatient Millennials may get their hands on and make money with, TODAY, not tomorrow.

Comparisons have been made with silver mining booms of the 1970s:
    Bitcoin Price Mimicking Trajectory of Silver in 1970s: Legendary Trader
    but I think it is more akin to a counterculture movement that allows people to thumb their noses at traditional government and economics. As far as bitcoin's being valueless with no backing, let's remember that the US dollar has been off the gold standard since 1971, so what's backing the dollar up now? A trillion dollar President Grump deficit?
    Analysis | Why it’s such a big deal the Senate tax bill would add $1 trillion to debt

This high velocity bitcoin movement reminds me of my long past gambling days, when I'd be high fiving my friends as the dealer busted over and over or dealt me winning hand after winning hand in blackjack. In between winners, I'd scream, to anyone who would listen, "Let me tell you what they can't stop?" so loud that the table would grow quiet.

"This." one of my friends would say finally, breaking the silence and smiling quietly while pointing at my winning hand and ever growing stack of chips.

Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Comment

Bitcoin is the Original and Best.

Bitcoin has consistently reached record highs over the past week despite some economists’ concerns about a bitcoin bubble. Meanwhile, other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum and Ripple were declining in value as of this morning.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

BTC futures start trading on December 10th - expect volatility, but I still expect to see BTC march UP over all in 2018.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Coinbase is now the most popular App on the Apple App Store.
          Mashable

Number of bitcoin users expects to reach 200 million by 2024
          Exponential Growth: Number of Bitcoin Users to Reach 200 Million by 2024

Modee Tech Support

Comment

So bitcoin futures have launched this evening mainstream on the CBOE. and futures on CME will launch December 18, 2017. *Yawn.

Typically a stock's price is not affected by options, rather, the options follow the stock's price. In other words, the addition of option trading to a stock does not typically move it around in any direction other than where it might have gone anyway. Tonight was no different. And in fact, BTC futures and options have been trading since June 2016, at Derebit, so really - this is nothing new, just the mainstream thrust of an existing story.

I still expect BTC to keep going up in 2018.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

The launch of bitcoin futures in the CBOE and CME have not affected it adversely. I didn't expect it to drop because after all, futures/options don't wag the tail of the dog, the dog being the underlying "stock" which in this case is bitcoin itself.

BTC remains stable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BTC_19K_12_18_2017.jpeg
Views:	529
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	78644

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Modee View Post
                Bitcoin Bubble Burst will warn you if the bitcoin dream is about to crash down
                Page not found | TechCrunch
                Hmm so this URL is dead already, lol.

Here is a video on it:

Modee Tech Support

Comment

A lot of fear mongering going on around bitcoin lately. Sell now! because China is going to ban it. (Which they already have in the past, including bans by China and Korea on the flow of money out of these countries for gambling - which hasn't stopped high roller gambling in Macau anyway). Sell now! because there's nothing backing bitcoin up (how long has US currency been off the gold standard, and backed by nothing, as well)?

The latest:

Bitcoin price WARNING: 'two-thirds of bitcoin owners to sell' as anonymity scrapped
                  Bitcoin price WARNING: 'two-thirds of bitcoin owners to sell'

Let's not forget though that identification and coordination with the Treasury Department for purposes of taxes, has been in effect in the U.S. for a while.
                  Coinbase ordered to give the IRS data on users trading more than $20,000 | TechCrunch
                  It has not been possible to create an anonymous U.S. wallet for bitcoin for quite some time,
                  and the same will be true soon in Europe:
                  The UK and EU want to force bitcoin users to reveal their identities

In fact, it is the day when governments and economists STOP warning about bitcoin that I would really start to worry. Until then, all of these harbingers of doom have simply brought BTC more to the forefront of the news. No press is bad press, and bitcoin buyers don't trust governments anyway.

Long live bitcoin!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

This, an attempt at money laundering and circumventing laws, is not what bitcoin is about:
                    Bitcoin trader charged with money laundering in unusual case testing digital currency

If you have bitcoin, and are ahead and want to cash in, just pay the taxes...do not attempt to circumvent the law...do the right thing. Bitcoin is a means to change the world, not to destroy it.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Bitcoin is something you'd better be very careful with. If you're not keen on the crypto market, you'' probably loose a lot of money in a short time. From my experience with trading and crypto games, I can definitely say it's not for newbies

Comment

Thanks for sharing this pricious info with us.

Comment

BTC are now just commodities.
                          Over the last 3 years,
                          Many services stopped accepting BTC as payment for goods and services.

Comment

What's your latest take on BTC? Price has gone sky high but people are not using it any more frequently

Comment

Well I don't know if people are or are not using it, but clients of mine have sent BTC my way consistently for ten years now, and I have thankfully hodled ALL of it!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

It seems you are not buying low and selling high, but you are just holding and holding. Is there any price point where you'll say it's definitely time to sell now?

Comment

Working...
                                X