Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paypal Limited - PayPal Limitations - the Definitive Thread on what to do, what not

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal Limited - PayPal Limitations - the Definitive Thread on what to do, what not

The bottom line remains: All newer PayPal accounts will be limited and asked for some verifying information, including social security number, at some point. No matter what. There are however techniques that can be utilized to delay the inevitable, and to assure that this is but a temporary rather than permanent limitation.

Proper account creation using the techniques from this forum and the Short List are the best way to ensure staying afloat.

And unfortunately, simply verifying doesn't really count for much anymore. Just the beginning of what PayPal ultimately asks you for on a new account.

Can't hurt to try complaining to consumer agencues, with PayPal at least. After all, creating a new account with PayPal due to the social security requirement is problematic.

But with EBAY I stand by my theory that best to take your licks and move on, since you plan on creating a new account under the radar anyway. So don't kick up too much EBAY dust, and cause more eyes to be on the lookout for you.

Most of all - at least PayPal sometimes responds in a human fashion. EBAY almost never reinstates when the dreaded "abusing EBAY" suspension email comes, no matter what you try.
    Please read the forum rules before you post.

And if you need extra help:
    Modee Tech Support

Social security number is mandatory for PayPal, as well as any other credit card processor. Maybe you forget that PayPal is a credit card processor and does not have to issue services without running credit. Read their user terms of service.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

It has to do with linking via IP address. PayPal doesn't revert to this sort of tactic (linking via IP address) unless an account owes money. Then, they shut down any linked accounts, fair or not, especially if the parties are related.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

It depends on the type of limitation - sometimes you can refund right away, sometimes you have to ask for permission via email to PayPal.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

You may not close a PayPal account while it is limited. If permanently limited, it stays in that status until PP decides to close it.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

The best way to deal with limitations is to PHONE, CALL speak to a live person at PayPal but only AFTER you have taken certain steps to strengthen your account.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

just received limitation

the inevitable has just happened - Limited.

i have got to submit the usual - tracking numbers, supplier information and utility bill.

the problem here is the utility bill as the account is not in my name and the address is not mine.

and advice on how to go about this?

Comment

You have to PM me about that. Also, check here for some advice on some of what you are asking:
                PayPal request for SUPPLIER INFO and INVOICES - Free EBAY, PayPal, Business and Law Forums - Ebay Suspension, PayPal Limited

But some things...we don't discuss in public.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

Ok, maybe this need a PM, but basically I have gotten out of many paypal limitations with all Canadian requirements in past 6 months - at least 15 times.

but just got hit with a BIG list of requirements on an account I NEED back up as it is my only usuable for the next month.

photo id - i can solve
                  suplier info - no prob
                  invoices - no prob

- the problem is 15 proof of shipping.

I don't get tracking numbers and cannot, period. from how I dropship.

I know telling them that isn't going to result in anything but bad news for me.

So I usually send out to the proper mailing addresses a coupon or something, pay up (even 50 bucks each sometimes for overnight) to get it settled quick. works no prob. But now they want 15 proof of deliveries. On a quick look at least one is overseas, maybe more (australia). And many will be USA. Sending a $50 courier fee is the only way not to wait at least a week for it.

I want to know if anyone knows:

- DO THEY FOLLOW THROUGH ON CHECKING WHERE THE ITEM YOU GIVE TRACKING INFO FOR IS WHERE IT WENT, OR JUST THAT THE SYSTEM SHOWS IT AS ARRIVED?
                  I always assumed they might and did send and shell out the cash, but with 15 it might be like an $800 gamble. (usually it was only 5 before)
                  (ie. can I send a bunch locally and hope for the best?) any speedy replies would be appreciated. thanks!

Comment

Yes, that would require tech support. Send me a PM please. Just analyzing the issue would require a little time.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

If I open a new Paypal account at an internet cafe,
                      if someone already opened a Paypal account on that IP address,
                      will it create problem on my paypal account ?

I am very curious, even though we are two different persons.
                      Since we both opened the Paypal account at the same IP addr,
                      Paypal still considers both accounts owned by same person and
                      limit the new Paypal account (especially if the other Paypal account
                      already limited)

Comment

You have to review the factors that link accounts. IP address is one of them, but if there is no other link then of course the accounts will not be shut down.

Now, for example if YOU open an account and sell certain items and then later open an account at that same spot and sell the same kinds of items, or have other linking factors, then yes, could be an issue.

Also keep in mind cookies and flash objects, that are usually pretty hard to clear unless your internet cafe is running firefox and has Objection installed on it. What I mean is that, via cookies, flash objects and IP address YOU could get linked to some bad egg who used the internet cafe and got suspended!

Modee Tech Support

Comment

I have a paypal account that pp is now requiring the ss#. I have told them I don't want to provide the ss due to privacy reasons, but they refuse. Unfortunately, my ebay account is also now limited, because I linked the pp and ebay account at first.
                          It sucks that my ebay account was limited since pp only limited my account for non-ebay transactions!
                          No ebay transactions ran through this account, so I really just need to get the pp account unlimited so I can get my ebay account back up. Then I can unlink the pp and ebay accounts.
                          Anyone have a way (even temporary) to get pp to restore my account access? Like I said, I really just need to get into ebay to unlink the 2 accounts.

Comment

I feel for you, not an easy situation.

The approach to getting a PP limitation lifted (to gain access to your EBAY) is holistic and involves techniques aimed at both EBAY and PayPal. There is no sure quick fix. You can hire me for a tech support methodology that has worked well for me and other clients lately.

Modee Tech Support

Comment

PP risk model and fraud que

I am looking for any info on eBay/PayPal risk model
                              or what PP/eBay parameters are used to place account in fraud que?
                              this is the link with base info.....
                              Welcome to NoPayPal, where you will learn the evil behind their system!

Comment

Working...
                              X